Changing Your Address in Maine
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Maine law requires you to notify the secretary of state when you change your address. This notification must be made within 10 days of when you relocate. When you process your address change through the BMV, the BMV will automatically notify the secretary of state on your behalf.
For a name change, you cannot use any online service. You have to visit a BMV office and fill out a form. You must also present a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order that shows the name change.
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change