- Location: Maine
Paperwork When Buying a Car in MaineGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
You will need these documents to register your car after you purchase it:
- Signed bill of sale
- Title, signed over to you, if the vehicle is 15 years old or newer
- Insurance proof
- Registration application and excise tax receipt (from your town office)
If the seller cannot find the title, they will need to apply for a duplicate title.
A bill of sale is necessary for registering and titling your vehicle. You can, if needed, conveniently download a blank copy of this document from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard