- Location: Maine
Paperwork When Selling a Car in MaineCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
When you sell a car, you need two pieces of paperwork:
- The original title if the vehicle is 15 years old or newer (signed over by you on the back to the buyer).
- A bill of sale; remember to make a copy for yourself.
If the title is lost, you'll need to apply for a duplicate.
Notifying the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is not mandatory, but recommended for your own peace of mind. You can do so by visiting any BMV office and completing a cancellation form and/or surrendering the plates.
You must provide the buyer with a bill of sale. If needed, you can download a copy from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard