Dealers Handbook in Maine
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Although there is no official Maine vehicle dealers' handbook, there is a wealth of information to help applicants find everything they need to know about becoming motor vehicle dealers in Maine.
DMV.org has gathered the following information to help you before, during, and after the process of becoming a licensed motor vehicle dealer in Maine:
- Licensing Requirements: Explains how to prepare before you apply for a Maine motor vehicle dealer license, as well as the actual application process.
- Dealer Forms: Find every dealer-related form you could need, including the initial application form, the zoning form, additional plate applications, and a sample lease.
- Dealer-related Information: On October 1, 2005, new laws regarding vehicle pricing, rebate offers, advertising layouts, and the availability of advertised vehicles went into effect. Learn about them here.
- Maine's Lemon Law: Maine's Lemon Law is in place to protect you, manufacturers, and consumers.
- Maine's Vehicle Code: Your one-stop shop for updated motor vehicle codes pertaining to Maine vehicle dealers.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.