Dealer Forms in Maine
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
All Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles forms are downloadable. The forms are mostly available as PDFs, which means you will need a free copy of the Adobe Reader software on the computer you are using to access the Internet.
What To Do With the Forms
You need to make sure you follow this application process:
- Fill out the Application for a Dealer License and attach the $150 application fee.
- Fill out the Applicant Questionaire and have it notarized.
- Fill out the zoning form. It needs to be signed and notarized by the local zoning officer where the dealership will be located.
- Submit a completed Maine State Police background check.
- If the business is a partnership, submit a copy of the partnership agreement with the names of all partners and their percentage of ownership. This paper must also be recorded with the town or city where the business is to be located.
- If the business is a corporation, submit a copy of the corporate articles with the names of all partners and their percentage of ownership. This paper must also be recorded with the town or city where the business is to be located.
- If the business is an individual owner, the owner must be registered with the town or city where doing business as a DBA.
- If the applicant does not own the land where the business is to be located, a witnessed and notarized copy of the lease agreement must be enclosed.
- Submit the plot plan.
Once all of the above are filed with the application, an inspection will be scheduled by the Maine BMV. If the applicant successfuly passes the inspection, the applicant still needs to file proof of insurance and a surety bond before the license may be issued.
The surety bond ranges from $5,000 to $25,000 depending on how many cars the dealer expects to sell annually. The applicant will need to pay a $150 licening fee before the license can be issued.
Maine Auto Dealer Forms
The Maine BVM provides additional online forms and informational literature for the benefit of those applying for a dealer's license:
- Dealer Rules and Regulations, Chapter 103 (Microsoft Word)
- Plot Plan (PDF)
- Sample Lease (PDF)
- Surety Bond (PDF)
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.