Appointments in MainePage Overview
The Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) allows you to schedule an appointment for a road test and commercial driver's license (CDL) test.
A road test will be scheduled for you at your nearest BMV office.
For more information regarding exams, call (207) 624-9000 ext. 52119.
Contact the CDL Examination Section at (207) 624-9000 ext. 52122 for information on scheduling an appointment for your CDL license.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the ME BMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your BMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday