DMV Appointments in Maine
The Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) allows you to schedule an appointment for a road test and commercial driver's license (CDL) test.
A road test will be scheduled for you at your nearest BMV office.
For more information regarding exams, call (207) 624-9000 ext. 52119.
Contact the CDL Examination Section at (207) 624-9000 ext. 52122 for information on scheduling an appointment for your CDL license.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the ME BMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your BMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!