- Location: Maryland
Replacing a Lost Title in MarylandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
You'll need the following materials to apply online:
- Vehicle title number.
- License plate number, if applicable.
- The $20.00 replacement fee. You can us Visa, MasterCard, or check (MVA doesn't accept money orders or travelers checks for online payment).
Keep in mind that your replacement title will display lienholder information as well as void all titles previously associated with your vehicle.
Most of the time, MVA mails the title to you within 10 business days. If you have recently moved and MVA doesn't have your current address on file, you'll want to change your address before applying for a replacement title.
If you've already completed online transactions with MVA online before, you can use your PIN to request that MVA send your replacement title to a different address. A PIN is the "personal identification number" that MVA associates with your online identity.
If you've forgotten your PIN, MVA can send it to you (within 10 business days) if you fill out a pin request.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.