Online Services in Maryland
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Maryland Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Maryland Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Maryland residents can save plenty of time thanks to the growing list of online driver and vehicle services. So before heading to your local MVA office, double check this page of online offerings. The process to conduct most business is easy, fast and high-five convenient.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby MD MVA office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your MD driver's license online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew your ID card online before it expires.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Notify the MVA of an address change.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
Maryland Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Enroll in a Maryland motorcycle safety course.
- Take a MD drivers license practice test.
- Take a MD drivers permit practice test.
- Take a MD commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a MD motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Maryland Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Maryland traffic school course to enhance your driving skills.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Maryland Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby MD MVA office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Maryland.
- Order a temporary registration online (good for 15 days).
- Renew your MD vehicle registration online before it expires.
- Request a substitute sticker from the MVA.
- Replace a lost, stolen or destroyed vehicle registration certificate.
- Order a duplicate vehicle title.
- Order new or substitute MD license plates online.
- Submit an online application for personalized license plates.
- Learn more on MD smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Complete an Administrative Flags transaction.
- Submit a VEIP extension request.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Maryland that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.