- Location: Maryland
Driver Handbook in MarylandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Just like any type of test, the written driver license exam is not the kind that most people can just walk in the door and pass without a bit of study time. This is especially relevant if you are a behind-the-wheel newbie that has always thought the lines in the road were some form of decorative asphalt art.
Luckily, Maryland provides an excellent handbook that contains all the material you will find on the test. The entire multiple-choice exam is actually culled directly from the guide's pages.
But the handbook is much more than simply a means to find the answers to achieve a passing (80% correct) grade and move on to the next testing phase. It is a resource guide that covers topics that will be crucial to know backwards and forwards for the duration of your driving life, including proper driving techniques and all the rules of the road.
The handbook is accessible at no charge at MVA offices throughout the state. It is also available online in two parts and two languages.
- Part One: All You Need to Know about Your Driver's License―This is literally a complete overview of what it takes to attain and maintain a driver license in the state.
- Part Two: Driver's Handbook―This section details the requirements for the driving, road sign and marker identification, vision, and written tests. It is also where you will find information on the state traffic laws and safety information. It is an indispensable must-read for novices ready to apply for the privilege of driving. Road veterans will also find value in the material as a handy reference guide.
- Part One: All You Need to Know about Your Driver's License (in Spanish)
- Part Two: Driver's Handbook (in Spanish)
Conveniently, Maryland also provides an online audio version in English.
This textbook-size booklet explains the intricacies involved and all the information necessary to learn in order to earn a commercial driver license (CDL). Considering this license enables you to make your living operating complicated (and massive) trucks on the open road, you can bet the testing process is rigorous.
Thus, you will most likely spend hours and hours pursuing and putting your rote skills to work on this handbook. Many of the laws regarding the CDL have recently been modified, especially those involving the transport of hazardous materials. So it is best to rely heavily on this book as a study aid. This insures you have the most up-to-date and accurate facts.
You can pick up a copy at any MVA office at no charge. This might not be a bad idea when you take into account the girth of the handbook and the fact that you may want to annotate sections.
But the text is also ready to download online. However, you will need a lot of printer paper, as the guide runs more than 200 pages. This includes all of the individual endorsement guides.
Note: All of the handbooks are in PDF format. If you need Adobe Reader to view the material you can download the latest version of the software for free.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard