Changing Your Address in Maryland
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
There are a few ways to notify the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) if you have packed up and moved across town or anywhere else in the state. The good news is that none of these options involve trekking to an MVA office.
Despite which way you choose to announce the declaration of your new living quarters, the matter will need to be taken care of within 30 days.
- Online notification: Make the change online. You will need to enter your driver license number and date of birth to start the process.
- Mail notification: Download, print, and complete a Change of Address form VR-154 (also available in Spanish) and mail to:
- Motor Vehicle Administration
- 6601 Ritchie Highway, Room 203
- Glen Burnie, MD 21062
- Phone notification: Phone the MVA Customer Service Center at (800) 950-1682.
Note: If you are changing the address on your commercial driver license you will need to visit an MVA office and take care of this in person.
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.