- Location: Maryland
Paperwork When Buying a Car in MarylandGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
The paperwork needed when you purchase a car is:
- The title, signed over to you by the previous owner.
- A bill of sale, which should be notarized if the car is seven years old or less.
If the title's missing, the current legal owner must apply for a duplicate. Do not buy a car unless the title can be located.
Once you have the title and bill of sale, you need to schedule a time to do the safety inspection. This inspection is required for car registration. You will also need to have verifiable insurance for the new vehicle.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard