Dealers Handbook in MarylandPage Overview
Although Maryland doesn't publish a vehicle dealers' handbook, the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) provides a wealth of information to get you headed in the right direction and DMV.org outlines it all here for easy reference.
As you begin your journey to become a motor vehicle dealer in Maryland, you'll find that the Business Licensing Packet acts as a source of instruction. You may also want to refer to these websites and pages:
- MVA Dealer Information: This landing point directs you to information about a variety of motor vehicle dealer licenses, including new, used, wholesale, motorcycles, and emergency vehicles.
- Maryland Licensing Requirements: DMV.org walks you through the application process to sell new motor vehicles as well as renew your license.
- Dealer-related Information: Check out this eclectic mix of Maryland motor vehicle dealer-related information.
- Dealer Forms: Here you'll find licensing and dealership forms.
Although dealer orientation classes aren't required, they're encouraged.
Anyone who's interested or involved in selling motor vehicles can attend. Contact the Business Licensing and Consumer Services Division (BL&CS) for a Dealer Orientation. You can only request information by mail or in person:
Business Licensing and Consumer Services Division
6601 Ritchie Highway, NE
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
The orientation sessions are free and usually given once a month. You'll receive a confirmation 10 days before the scheduled sessions.
Finally, as a Maryland motor vehicle dealer, you'll want to be familiar with these dealer-related laws:
- Maryland Lemon Law: Maryland also calls this the Automobile Warranty Enforcement Law, and you need to know how it affects manufacturers, dealers, and consumers.
- Maryland Vehicle Code: Especially important to Maryland motor vehicle dealers is Title 15: Licensing of Businesses and Occupations; however, you should also be familiar with Title 13: Certificates of Title and Registration of Vehicles.
Related ContentRecommended Articles