- Location: Maryland
Vehicle Code in MarylandCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
There are times when you might find yourself in a bit of a bind, whether legal or administrative, and need to view the law in its purest form. That is, straight out of the statutes in bare legal-speak.
This legal document is usually referred to as the Vehicle Code, and it contains all the ins and outs of motor vehicle law.
You might say a law in this form is either set in stone or open to interpretation simply by the way it is set up or written. But still, the words will be hard-pressed to lead you astray from an issue even if the language makes you scratch your head in wonder.
The following is an overview, divided into title and subtitle, of the most relevant sections related to motor vehicles.
Title 13: Vehicle Laws―Certificates of Title and Registration of Vehicles
- Subtitle 1: Certificates of Title
- Subtitle 4: Vehicle Registration
- Subtitle 5: Transfer of Registration
- Subtitle 6: Special Registration Plates
- Subtitle 7: Offenses Against Registration or Certificate of Title Laws; Cancellation, Suspension, and Revocation
Title 15: Vehicle Laws―Licensing of Businesses and Occupations
- Subtitle 2: Manufacturers, Distributors, and Factory Branches
- Subtitle 3: Dealers
- Subtitle 4: Vehicle Salesmen
- Subtitle 5: Automotive Dismantlers and Recyclers and Scrap Processors
- Subtitle 6: Title Service Agents
Title 16: Vehicle Laws―Driver's Licenses
- Subtitle 1: Issuance, Expiration, and Renewal of Licenses
- Subtitle 2: Cancellation, Refusal, Suspension, and Revocation
- Subtitle 3: Violation of License Provisions
- Subtitle 4: Refusal, Suspension, and Revocation Under Point System
- Subtitle 5: Driver Education Program
- Subtitle 6: Motorcycle Safety Program
- Subtitle 7: Driver License Compact
Whenever you need or want to check the status of your driver’s license, you can order a driving record report. This record will spell out if your driver’s license is currently valid. Should your license have been revoked or suspended, the report will indicate that according to what’s on record at the MVA. This report will also show points against your license and, in some cases, information on any accidents you have had.Other Topics in This Section