DMV Appointments in MarylandPage Overview
Maryland offers an online Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) central scheduling system. You can use this system to schedule appointments for MVA services or make reservations for MVA events. Please read the sections below for more details. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Maryland MVA you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Services Covered by the MVA Central Scheduling System
Make Appointments for:
- Driver Skills Test*
- Hazardous Material (Hazmat) Endorsement
Make a Reservation for These MVA Events:
- Alternate Basic Rider Course
- Basic Rider Course
- Basic Rider Course 2
Please note that if you reschedule your appointment to attend an MVA event, you will have to pay for the new class and then request a refund for your previous appointment. If you cancel your appointment you will also have to submit a request for a refund.
To set up an appointment to take your CDL skills test you can visit the MVA branch office where you wish to take the test.
If you must pay a visit to your Maryland MVA, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Other Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday