- Location: Massachusetts
511 Traffic Systems in MassachusettsCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Known as America's Traveler Information Telephone Number, 511 is the easy-to-remember (and easy-to-dial!) telephone number that travelers throughout much of America use to access traffic-related information.
511 helps travelers―even if they're just commuting to work―find the quickest and safest route possible. This cuts travel time, fuel costs, and vehicle emissions. A well-planned driving route can even help reduce the risk of an accident.
Fortunately, Massachusetts is one of the many states that has implemented 511. You can find information about various coverage areas from 5:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday-Friday, and from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
How you access traffic-related information depends on the type of phone you use:
- From cell phones: Call 511.
- From land lines (including pay phones): Call (617) 374-1234.
All applicable charges apply. In other words, your applicable cell phone minutes will be used, you'll be charged if the 617 area code is long distance for you, and you'll need to pay to use a pay phone.
While the official 511 Massachusetts website provides a wealth of information about 511 itself, you can always contact the Massachusetts Highway Department for answers to inquiries not covered on the website.Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It