Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • RV & Motorhome Registration in Massachusetts

    MA RV & Motorhome Registration

    RVs and motor homes, called "auto homes" in Massachusetts, are registered the same way as other motor vehicles. The difference is that you're going to pay a lot more in sales and excise tax, because motor homes generally have much higher book values than standard cars or trucks. Otherwise, the process is the same.

    • Start with your insurance company, which can provide you with the application for title and registration if your dealer didn't. Most importantly, have them stamp the application to prove to the RMV that you have insurance.
    • If you do not have a driver's license, a Massachusetts ID, or a Social Security number, you must provide proof of state residency. This requires showing any one of the following:
      • Your driver's license number.
      • Your MA ID card number.
      • Your Social Security number.
      • Some other proof of state residency.
      • NOTE: You're exempt if you're a nonresident student, member of the military, senior citizen or disabled person.
    • Go to the RMV with your stamped application and other necessary documentation.
    • Pay the registration fee to get your plates and annual decal, plus a title fee, and sales tax if you didn't already pay it to your vehicle dealer.

    For more details on registering and titling vehicles in Massachusetts, please see our page on registration and titling.

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.