Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in Massachusetts

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    MA Replacing a Lost Title
    Page Overview

    Download and complete the Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title to get your title replacement process started.

    Take your completed application to your local Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) or mail it to:

    • Registry of Motor Vehicles
    • Title Division
    • P.O. Box 55885
    • Boston, MA 02205-5885

    On the application, you'll need to complete the odometer section, which certifies the current odometer reading.


    If you have―or had―a lien on your vehicle, check with the lienholder first to see if they have the title. If not, you'll need to send the lien release along with the application, or the duplicate will be mailed to the lienholder instead of to you.


    The fee for a replacement title is $25 and payable by check or money order to the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸