Online Services in Massachusetts
- Online Driver Services:
- MA Driver's License Services
- Massachusetts Learner's Permit Services
- Massachusetts Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Massachusetts ID Card Services
- Out-of-State Driver's License Conversion Services
- MA Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Massachusetts Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Massachusetts Vehicle Registration and Title Services
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Massachusetts is known as “The Spirit of America." When the spirit moves you to perform your next driving-related transaction, consider relying on online driver and vehicle services. These online transactions can help you avoid an unnecessary jaunt to your local licensing agency.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby MA RMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Apply for a regular driver's license, motorcycle license, or CDL.
- Order a duplicate drivers license.
- Renew your Massachusetts driver's license.
- Register with the RMV to receive renewal reminders (driver's license, registration, ID cards) via e-mail.
- Check the status of your driver's license.
- Apply for a learner's permit.
- Apply for a duplicate learner's permit.
- Check the status of your learner's permit.
- Schedule a road test appointment (driving test).
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Check the status of your drivers ed certificate online.
- Take a MA drivers license practice test.
- Take a MA drivers permit practice test.
- Take a MA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a MA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Massachusetts Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Massachusetts traffic school course to enhance your driving skills.
- Apply for a Massachusetts identification card.
- Renew your expiring identification card.
- Check the status of your ID card.
- Order a duplicate Massachusetts ID card.
- Submit an application for a liquor ID card.
- Replace a lost, stolen or destroyed liquor ID card.
- Submit a conversion application for a driver's license.
- Convert your out-of-state learner's permit.
- Convert your out-of-state CDL.
- Submit an application for a commercial learner's permit.
- Add an endorsement to a CDL or CDL permit.
- Renew your commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Downgrade from a CDL to a passenger driver's license.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby MA RMV branch. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Massachusetts.
- Renew your vehicle registration.
- Renew your boat registration.
- Renew your off-highway vehicle (OHV) registration.
- Renew your snowmobile registration.
- Check the status of your vehicle registration.
- Replace a lost, stolen, or destroyed registration certificate.
- Cancel your vehicle registration.
- Check the status of a title or lien.
- Order a duplicate title.
- Obtain Massachusetts license plates.
- Order a special license plate.
- Learn more on MA smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Massachusetts that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.