Paperwork When Buying a Car in Massachusetts
Get detailed VIN History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
Cars built in 1979 or before do not require a title for registration, just the Bill of Sale.
If the seller cannot locate the title, he or she should apply to the RMV for a duplicate title.
A bill of sale is mandatory for registering and titling your vehicle. Plus, its an important peace-of-mind document to own for your records, especially if questions arise over your vehicle's sales tax fees. For convenience purposes, you can easily download this form from our Bill of Sale page.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing