Salesperson License in Massachusetts
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) does not handle vehicle salesperson licenses; just like motor vehicle dealer licenses, your municipality's licensing board handles these.
Since each municipality handles vehicle salesperson licenses, you must contact your local licensing board for specific information on how to become a vehicle salesperson in your area. However, you may want to ask the following questions:
- Is there an application deadline?
- What fees are associated with salesperson licenses?
- Is there a waiting period, and if so do I get a temporary permit in the meantime?
- How do I obtain a duplicate salesperson license?
- How do I renew a salesperson license?
Once you become a motor vehicle salesperson in Massachusetts―or, while you're waiting for your application to be processed―brush up on motor vehicle-related laws. DMV.org is a great place to start.
- Dealer-related Information: Covers the Massachusetts Lemon Law, the proposed tax benefits of owning a hybrid, and the proposed Car Buyer's Bill of Rights.
- Lemon Law: Explains the Massachusetts Lemon Law in detail, including vehicles covered under the Lemon Law and Lemon-Aid.
- Vehicle Code: Highlights motor vehicle-related laws in Massachusetts.
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section