Salesperson License in Massachusetts
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) does not handle vehicle salesperson licenses; just like motor vehicle dealer licenses, your municipality's licensing board handles these.
Because each municipality handles vehicle salesperson licenses, you must contact your local licensing board for specific information on how to become a vehicle salesperson in your area. However, you may want to ask the following questions:
- Is there an application deadline?
- What fees are associated with salesperson licenses?
- Is there a waiting period, and if so do I get a temporary permit in the meantime?
- How do I obtain a duplicate salesperson license?
- How do I renew a salesperson license?
Once you become a motor vehicle salesperson in Massachusetts―or, while you're waiting for your application to be processed―brush up on motor vehicle-related laws. DMV.org is a great place to start.
- Dealer-related Information: Covers the Massachusetts Lemon Law, the proposed tax benefits of owning a hybrid, and the proposed Car Buyer's Bill of Rights.
- Lemon Law: Explains the Massachusetts Lemon Law in detail, including vehicles covered under the Lemon Law and Lemon-Aid.
- Vehicle Code: Highlights motor vehicle-related laws in Massachusetts.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.