Lemon Law Attorneys
Choose Your State
If you've bought a defected vehicle, you may wish to hire a lemon law attorney to help you receive compensation. A lawyer can help by negotiating with the manufacturer on your behalf and taking the stress out of the entire process.
Luckily, all states have some sort of lemon law designed to protect you against both purchasing a lemon and being stuck with it.
Motor vehicle dealers are required to:
- Inform you of your rights under the lemon law in your state.
- Disclose whether the vehicle you intend to purchase has ever been returned under the lemon law.
- You may find that not all dealers will disclose this information.
If you purchase a new vehicle that needs the same repairs time and time again, you may have a lemon. Based on the lemon law in your state, dealers and manufacturers must take certain steps in order to try to repair the problem. If repairs cannot be made, the manufacturer must either refund your money or replace the vehicle.
If a resolution isn't reached using the mediation procedures set forth by your state, you may choose to seek legal aid from an attorney specializing in your state's lemon law. Attorneys who are experienced with lemon law cases should be familiar with the:
- Exact laws of your state.
- Usual tactics of vehicle manufacturers.
- Proper process for furthering a lemon law claim.
Hiring a lemon law attorney can take the stress out of dealing with your lemon. A lawyer can also help by:
- Negotiating a refund or replacement vehicle with your manufacturer.
- In some cases, you can receive additional compensation for incidentals you incurred due to your vehicle being inoperable.
- Explaining your state's lemon law to you.
- Making sure you have all the documentation required if you wish to make a civil complaint against the manufacturer.
Choose your state above to find out more about hiring a lemon law attorney in your state or to ask an attorney a question today!
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Washington DC
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!