Lemon Law Attorneys
This topic contains state-specific information; to view it, please select the state you are interested in below.SUMMARY: Lemon Law Attorneys
If you've bought a defected vehicle, you may wish to hire a lemon law attorney to help you receive compensation. A lawyer can help by negotiating with the manufacturer on your behalf and taking the stress out of the entire process.
Our Guide to Lemon Law Attorneys
Luckily, all states have some sort of lemon law designed to protect you against both purchasing a lemon and being stuck with it.
Motor vehicle dealers are required to:
- Inform you of your rights under the lemon law in your state.
- Disclose whether the vehicle you intend to purchase has ever been returned under the lemon law.
- You may find that not all dealers will disclose this information.
If you purchase a new vehicle that needs the same repairs time and time again, you may have a lemon. Based on the lemon law in your state, dealers and manufacturers must take certain steps in order to try to repair the problem. If repairs cannot be made, the manufacturer must either refund your money or replace the vehicle.
If a resolution isn't reached using the mediation procedures set forth by your state, you may choose to seek legal aid from an attorney specializing in your state's lemon law. Attorneys who are experienced with lemon law cases should be familiar with the:
- Exact laws of your state.
- Usual tactics of vehicle manufacturers.
- Proper process for furthering a lemon law claim.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
Hiring a lemon law attorney can take the stress out of dealing with your lemon. A lawyer can also help by:
- Negotiating a refund or replacement vehicle with your manufacturer.
- In some cases, you can receive additional compensation for incidentals you incurred due to your vehicle being inoperable.
- Explaining your state's lemon law to you.
- Making sure you have all the documentation required if you wish to make a civil complaint against the manufacturer.
Choose your state above to find out more about hiring a lemon law attorney in your state or to ask an attorney a question today!Choose a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
Provide FeedbackFind Your
Local DMV Office