- Location: Louisiana
RV & Motorhome Registration in Louisiana
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
In Louisiana, registering and titling your RV or motor home is basically the same as registering and titling any other motor vehicle.
In most cases, registering your RV or motor home will consist of paying your dealer at the time of purchase, and letting him or her handle all registration and titling paperwork.
However, if you purchased your RV or motor home from an individual or wish to handle the registering and titling yourself, you'll need to complete the Vehicle Application.
Include the following documents with your application:
- Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MOS) signed to you before a notary public
- Itemized invoice given to you by the dealer
- Completed Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Security agreement or financing statement
Remember, you must show proof of insurance to register any vehicle in Louisiana.
In addition to the application and required documents, you must submit the appropriate fees in the form of a money order, cashier's check, personal check (with your driver's license number), or cash, when applying in person.
- $18.50 title fee
- $8.00 handling fee (which varies by location}
- $15.00 fee to record liens using UCC-1 financing statements; $10 for all others
- $50 license plate fee
- Sales and usage tax based on the selling price and location and domicile code
You can submit everything to your local Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) location or mail it to:
- Office of Motor Vehicles
- P.O. Box 64886
- Baton Rouge, LA 70896
New residents should refer to our New to Louisiana section for titling and registration information.
You'll renew your RV or motor home registration the same way you renew the registration of any other motor vehicle.
Visit our FAQ section for more information on registration suspension and reinstatement.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks