- Location: Louisiana
Online Services in LouisianaPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Louisiana Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Louisiana Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Louisiana Motor Carrier Online Services
Louisiana provides numerous online driver and vehicle services to its residents. Enjoy the ease of taking care of the following tasks from home and let the bon temps rouler.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby LA OMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your LA driver's license online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew an expiring ID card online in five simple steps.
- Pay your traffic ticket online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a LA drivers license practice test.
- Take a LA drivers permit practice test.
- Take a LA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a LA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Louisiana Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Louisiana.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby LA OMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Louisiana.
- Renew your Louisiana vehicle registration online before it expires.
- Renew your Louisiana boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or vehicle registration online.
- Inquire if a motor home is no longer registered as a motor vehicle.
- Obtain Louisiana license plates.
- Purchase specialized license plates online.
- Learn more on LA smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Submit a Vehicle Statement of Non-Use.
- Obtain information on your International Registration Plan (IRP) apportioned plate.
- Access tow/storage facility junk car information.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Louisiana that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Pelican State.
- Submit a Vehicle Statement of Non-Use online when planning to cancel a vehicle's insurance coverage.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
- Buy boat insurance.
- Send a Notice of Lease Termination to the OMV.
- Submit a Notice of Sale for any vehicle that's been sold, donated or transferred.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.