- Location: Louisiana
Driver Handbook in LouisianaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Have you ever wondered what you're supposed to do when you're stopped by a police officer? Do you need to know if it's legal for your younger brother to tie a string to your bumper so you can pull him around on his skateboard?
You'll find answers to these and many other questions inside the Louisiana Class D & E Drivers Guide, which is available at your local Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV). You can also view the manual online in PDF format with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Louisiana Class D & E Drivers Guide could almost be called a one-stop shop for all your driver licensing questions. New drivers can use it as a tool to study for licensing exams. Experienced drivers can keep one handy to refresh their memories of traffic rules, regulations, and proper procedures.
The manual is broken into two main parts, both divided into informative chapters. The title of each chapter gives you a glimpse at what you'll find inside.
Below is a brief outline for quick reference:
Part One: Driver and Vehicle Licensing Information
The first part of the guide is divided into two chapters, and explains everything you need to know about driver licenses including getting, keeping, and losing them. It also covers the registration and titling of vehicles.
- Chapter One: Getting a Driver's License
- Chapter Two: Motor Vehicle Registration and Title
Part Two: Traffic Laws and Safe Driving Practices
The second part of the guide is divided into seven chapters. It covers everything you need to know before you apply for your driver's license, including laws, offenses, and safety.
- Chapter Three: Signs, Traffic Lights, and Pavement Markings
- Chapter Four: Basic Driving and Safety
- Chapter Five: Traffic Laws and Regulations
- Chapter Six: Interstate Driving
- Chapter Seven: Driving Emergencies
- Chapter Eight: Driving Offenses
- Chapter Nine: General Information for Class D License
Remember, Louisiana also offers handbooks and manuals for commercial drivers and motorcyclists. Be sure to check out our Commercial Driver Education and Motorcycle Manual sections for more information.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard