Custom Built Car Registration in Louisiana
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Registering a custom-built vehicle is similar to registering a homemade trailer.
Gather up all the receipts for the parts you used to make the vehicle. Then, contact your local Louisiana State Police Troop to arrange for an inspection and to have a VIN assigned.
Fees for this type of title and registration process are as follows:
- $18.50 for the title.
- $8.00 handling fee, though this may vary.
- The license plate fee, depending on the worth of the vehicle and how long it's valid.
- $5 VIN assignment fee if the VIN was assigned by your Troop; $10 if it was assigned in the field.
For more information about registering your custom-built vehicle, contact your local Louisiana State Police Troop or call 1-877-DMV-LINE.
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback