Custom Built Car Registration in Louisiana
Registering a custom-built vehicle is similar to registering a homemade trailer.
Gather up all the receipts for the parts you used to make the vehicle. Then, contact your local Louisiana State Police Troop to arrange for an inspection and to have a VIN assigned.
Fees for this type of title and registration process are as follows:
- $18.50 for the title.
- $8.00 handling fee, though this may vary.
- The license plate fee, depending on the worth of the vehicle and how long it's valid.
You will also be responsible for a VIN application fee and the examination fee.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog Check and Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸