Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Louisiana

    Moving or changing your name means you'll have quite a few people and places to notify. This includes family members, friends, employers, and credit card companies. You'll also need to change your address with the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV).

    Changing Your Address

    If you are a resident of Louisiana and change your address for any reason, you must notify the OMV, in person, within 10 days of your address change. This can not be done online or by mail.

    You can have your address changed at any OMV location. You'll need to take your driver's license and proof of insurance. The fee is $13 if you pay by cash. If you pay by credit or debit card there is an additional $1.25 fee plus 1% of the total transaction. If you use an E-Check, there is an additional $1 fee. Local fees, which will not exceed $4, may apply in addition to all other fees.

    Changing Your Name

    Changing the name on your driver's license or identification card must also be done at an OMV location.

    Take your driver's license, proof of insurance, and the appropriate documentation that proves your legal name change, such as a marriage license or divorce decree.

    The fee to change your name is the same as for a change of address. The $13 cash fee. You will also pay transaction fees if you use a credit/debit card or an E-check, as well as any local fees. You'll be required to take a vision exam.


    If your driver's license or identification card is within 90 days of expiring, you'll also be required to complete the renewal process.

    Anyone 17 years old or younger who applies to change the address or name on his or her driver's license or identification card must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minor must also provide a Certificate of Required Attendance from their school.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.