- Location: Louisiana
Paperwork When Buying a Car in LouisianaGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
When buying a car, you'll need:
- Bill of Sale
- Notice of Vehicle Transfer
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- The original title, signed over to you. It must be notarized.
You may also need:
Don't buy a car unless the seller can produce the title. In order to sell a car to an individual in Louisiana, the seller must have the vehicle's title. The seller can apply for a duplicate if the original is lost.
When buying from an individual (as compared to a dealership), you will need a bill of sale for registering and titling your vehicle. You can, if needed, easily download this document from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard