- Location: Louisiana
Paperwork When Selling a Car in LouisianaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
You need to provide:
- An assigned and notarized title. Include odometer reading if the vehicle is less than ten years old.
- A lien release, if applicable.
- Either a notarized bill of sale or an invoice if the title does not contain signatures, date of sale and vehicle price. A full description (make, model, year) of the vehicle must be included.
After the sale, be sure to remove the vehicle's license plates.
The OMV strongly recommends retaining a bill of sale for your records, regardless if it's required or not. You can easily download this document from our Bill of Sale page.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard