- Location: Louisiana
Dealer Forms in LouisianaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
It's no surprise that becoming a motor vehicle dealer means handling a lot of paperwork―both for you and your customers.
Here, we've outlined the required applications and forms for you to become a licensed motor vehicle dealer in Louisiana. All must be viewed using the free Adobe Reader. Completed forms and applications should be mailed to:
- Louisiana Motor Vehicle Commission
- 3519 12th St.
- Metairie, LA 70002
Note that you must print these applications and forms on legal size paper.
The Initial Application for License as an Administrator is the first step to becoming a motor vehicle dealer. You'll be required to provide your personal contact information, as well as detailed information about your dealership. This includes owners, location, operation hours, and whether your building is rented or owned. The fee is $1,500 per location.
The Application for License as a Salesman/Agent is the first step to becoming a salesman or agent. The application must be completed by both the applicant and the dealer. The fee is $25 per applicant, $35 if a background check is required.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard