DMV Appointments in Louisiana
At this time, you only need to schedule an appointment to take the road skills test when applying for a Louisiana commercial driver's license (CDL). You may schedule this test by phone; please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
All CDL skills tests are done by third party testers. Simply call your nearest third party tester to set up an appointment.
If you must pay a visit to your LA OMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday