511 Traffic Systems in Kentucky
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
America's Traveler Information Telephone Number―or, simply 511―provides drivers throughout most of the country with the traffic-related information Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) gathers.
While 511 is a great help for those drivers who have access to it, unfortunately not all states use 511. To find more information about 511's bigger picture, visit the Federal Highway Administration's America's Traveler Information Telephone Number website.
For Kentucky-specific information, read on.
Good news―511 is active in Kentucky!
- Call 511 if you're within Kentucky.
- Call toll free (866) 737-3767 if you're out of state.
- Check out the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's program, Dial 511, online if you're planning a trip or want to look up information for a loved one already out on the road.
Kentucky's 511 provides:
- Current driving conditions for the entire state. The drop-down menu allows you to access conditions for more specific areas of Kentucky.
- Information about rest areas and weigh stations.
- Tourism highlights.
- Maps and driving tips.
- Instructions on how to report traffic-related problems.
- Traffic cams (via Dial 511 online).
As we mentioned above, 511 isn't available in all states; however, Kentucky drivers can access traffic information for the following neighboring states:
- Missouri: (800) 222-6400
- Illinois: (800) 452-IDOT
- Indiana: (800) 261-7623
- Ohio: (888) 2OH-OHIO
- West Virginia: (877) WVA-ROAD
- Virginia: (800) 578-4111
- Tennessee: (877) 224-0065
Kentuckians can find a wealth of traffic-related information when they call 511 or visit the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's program, Dial 511, online. You may also want to contact:
Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.