Replacing a Lost CDL in Kentucky
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
Go to the Circuit Court Clerk's office in the county where you initially applied for a CDL. Because you'll already be in their database, you'll only need to provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number.
The cost to replace a lost or stolen CDL is $12, unless you are within six months of your expiration date. If this is the case, your replacement CDL will be handled in the same manner as a renewal CDL for a $47 fee.
You'll receive your replacement CDL the very same day.
Although Kentucky doesn't require you to report a lost or stolen CDL to law enforcement, you may want to do so for your own protection. The DDL refers to the Federal Trade Commission as a national source of identity theft protection.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT KENTUCKY CDLS
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Chrysler Cold Shoulders Government’s Recall Request
- Driver Signs: A Zodiac Guide to Your Road Habits
- Say Hello to Tougher Texting-While-Driving Penalties, New York!
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.