- Location: Kentucky
Replacing a Lost CDL in Kentucky
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
Go to the Circuit Court Clerk's office in the county where you initially applied for a CDL. Because you'll already be in their database, you'll only need to provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number.
The cost to replace a lost or stolen CDL is $12, unless you are within six months of your expiration date. If this is the case, your replacement CDL will be handled in the same manner as a renewal CDL for a $47 fee.
You'll receive your replacement CDL the very same day.
Although Kentucky doesn't require you to report a lost or stolen CDL to law enforcement, you may want to do so for your own protection. The DDL refers to the Federal Trade Commission as a national source of identity theft protection.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT KENTUCKY CDLS
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.