Replacing a Lost CDL in Kentucky

KY Replacing a Lost CDL
Page Overview


Go to the Circuit Court Clerk's office in the county where you initially applied for a CDL. Because you'll already be in their database, you'll only need to provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number.


The cost to replace a lost or stolen CDL is $12, unless you are within six months of your expiration date. If this is the case, your replacement CDL will be handled in the same manner as a renewal CDL for a $47 fee.

You'll receive your replacement CDL the very same day.

Identity Theft

Although Kentucky doesn't require you to report a lost or stolen CDL to law enforcement, you may want to do so for your own protection. The DDL refers to the Federal Trade Commission as a national source of identity theft protection.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?