Online Services in Kentucky
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Kentucky Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- KY Motor Carrier Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Kentucky Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
In the Derby State of Kentucky, people know that speed is key. Trot through this list of online driver and vehicle services so you can save yourself a lap through your local licensing office.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby Circuit Court Clerk's office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Submit a KY driver's license reinstatement payment online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a KY drivers license practice test.
- Take a KY drivers permit practice test.
- Take a KY commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a KY motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Kentucky Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Kentucky traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
- Obtain and verify contact and motor carrier information.
- Add or delete a vehicle that operates under a weight distance tax (KYU) number.
- Register and complete an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA).
- Submit Kentucky Intrastate Tax (KIT).
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing of the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby KY county clerk's office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Kentucky.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain a Kentucky license plate.
- Learn more on KY smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Kentucky that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.