Motorcycle Manual in KentuckyPass Your Test with DMV Cheat Sheets
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.Page OverviewSUMMARY: Kentucky Motorcycle Manual
The KY motorcycle manual is a centralized source for information about a variety of motorcycle-related topics. In the DMV motorcycle handbook, you'll find details on motorcycle license requirements, safety training, preparing to ride, and safe motorcycle operation techniques.
The Kentucky Motorcycle Operators Manual (REV 2012), written by the Kentucky State Police, aims to provide all the need-to-know information for motorcycle and moped operators in the state with, including:
- How to obtain your motorcycle license.
- Proper gear and safety equipment.
- Rules and regulations that specifically pertain to motorcyclists.
- Motorcycle safety training courses.
The KY motorcycle manual provides basic information on the requirements for obtaining a motorcycle permit or license.
You can see a full list of steps to getting your motorcycle license or endorsement at our KY Motorcycle License page, but understand that:
- You must have a valid driver's license OR be 18 years old or older to apply for a motorcycle license or permit.
- Riders under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian sign for the instruction permit.
- You must apply for your motorcycle permit in the county of your residence at the office of the circuit clerk.
- You'll be required to take a road skills exam in order to get your motorcycle license.
- NOTE: You may be able to waive your skills exam by present proof of completion from a motorcycle rider training course.
The Kentucky Motorcycle Safety Program is available for new and experienced motorcycle riders in the state to learn basic and advanced riding techniques in a professional and controlled environment.
The DMV motorcycle manual provides a short overview of this program and who is eligible to take one of these courses.
It's important to note that if you can show that you successfully passed one of these approved courses, you may be able to show proof of completion to waive your road skills exam (IF the course contained a similar skill test).
It's important to know what you need to operate your motorcycle safely on Kentucky roads. Fully preparing yourself and your bike for your ride will ensure your safety and the safety of those around you on the road.
Check your DMV motorcycle handbook for information on topics such as:
- Proper gear, such as:
- Face protection.
- Eye protection.
- Appropriate clothing.
- Gaining familiarity with your bike and its controls.
- Checking your bike and the major parts before you ride.
- The manual will review how to check items such as the brakes, lights, clutch and throttle, etc.
- Understanding your responsibilities.
Once you're ready to get on your bike, you can see your manual for detailed information on how to operate safely on the road.
The KY motorcycle handbook serves a guide to safe and legal operation of your motorcycle. The manual will go over a multitude of topics that you must understand in order to ride effectively and to pass your road skills exam.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- Controlling your vehicle.
- SEE (Search, Evaluate, Execute).
- Intersection protocol.
- Avoiding crashes.
- Mechanical issues.
- Handling road hazards.
- Riding with passengers.
- Riding in groups.
- The effect of alcohol and drugs on your ability to ride.
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section