DUI Attorneys in KentuckyPage OverviewSUMMARY: DUI Attorneys in Kentucky
After being arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs in Kentucky, consider hiring a DUI attorney. If you're convicted of your DUI charge, an attorney may be able to simplify the process and work with the court to reduce your penalties.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Continue reading for information about hiring a DUI attorney in Kentucky.
While searching for DUI lawyers in your area, make sure to select the right one to represent you. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Ask for a referral. Someone you know might be able to recommend a good DUI lawyer they've used before.
- Find a lawyer with experience. Hire someone who has a successful track record in DUI/DWI cases.
- Stay local. A lawyer who has familiarity with local Kentucky courts and law enforcement may be able to get you a better outcome.
- Contact multiple DUI attorneys before deciding on one. Consultations are usually free. Meeting more DUI attorneys will help your chances of finding a strong candidate.
- Inquire about your attorney's fees. Know exactly how much you must pay your DUI attorney, and when your payment is due.
Charges Handled by DUI Attorneys
In Kentucky, the charges you face for a DUI will depend on your age, driving history, and the severity of your DUI. Being charged with a DUI in Kentucky may be a result of:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher.
- Driving with a BAC of 0.02% or more (if you are younger than 21 years old).
- Driving a commercial vehicle with a BAC of 0.04% or higher.
- Refusing a BAC test.
A DUI attorney can help you through your case. It may be a good idea to hire a lawyer that has had experience handling a case similar to yours, to increase your chance of a favorable outcome.
Since a DUI charge in Kentucky is a very serious matter, you'll want as much support as possible. A DUI lawyer can help in the following ways:
- Represent you in court.
- Explain the court process and specific details of your case.
- Determine how you should plea.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork to the court.
While an attorney cannot offer you any guarantees, hiring one may improve your chances of getting a dismissal or a reduced DUI charge.
Depending on the nature of your DUI offense and your KY driving record, you could face serious penalties. DUI penalties may include some or all of the following:
- KY driver's license suspension.
- Jail time.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
- Treatment for alcohol or substance abuse.
- Community service.
Get in touch with a DUI lawyer to find out what penalties you could face. For more information, please read our Kentucky DUI & DWI page.
Compare SR-22 Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Related ContentRecommended Articles