Changing Your Address in Kentucky
Changing your address?
Perfect time to compare car insurance rates.
1. Start Your Quote:Moving or changing your name means you'll have quite a few people and places to notify. This includes family members, friends, employers, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, etc. But do you know how important it is to change your address with the Kentucky Division of Driver Licensing (DDL)?
Regardless of why you're moving or changing your name, you must obtain a duplicate driver license at your local Circuit Court Clerk's office within 10 days of the change. Bring the following with you:
- Proof of Kentucky residency
- Proof of name change (birth certificate, name change court order, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)
- $12 fee
Your duplicate license will be given to you at the time of application.MOST FREQUENTLY VISITED SECTIONS
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.