- Location: Kentucky
Appointments in KentuckyPage Overview
In Kentucky you will need to schedule an appointment to take the road test for a standard drivers license and a motorcycle license, and for the skills test when applying for a commercial driver's license (CDL). You may schedule all of these by phone, please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet or the Circuit Court Clerk's Office you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Schedule an appointment at a CDL test site by calling (800) 542-5990. Please note that after your CDL permit is issued you must wait 10 days before contacting the Kentucky State Police for a skills test appointment.
If you must pay a visit to your KY Transportation Cabinet or Circuit Court Clerk's Office go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday