- Location: Kansas
Replacing a Lost Title in KansasCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
Visit your local Kansas County Treasurer's Office with a completed Kansas Manual Application for Duplicate, Secured, or Reissued Title form.
Be sure to include:
- Vehicle Year
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Owners Name
- Current Odometer Reading
The current fee for a lost title is $10.
Your replacement title will be issued in 10 to 40 days. If you don't receive it after six weeks, call the Titles and Registrations Bureau at (785) 296-3621.
Complete a Kansas Manual Application for Duplicate, Secured, or Reissued Title form and mail it, along with a check for $10, to:
- Kansas Department of Revenue
- Division of Vehicles
- 915 S.W. Harrison St.
- Room 159
- Topeka, KS 66612
The Division of Vehicles will not issue a duplicate title if there's an existing lien. You must first obtain a lien release.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks