Replacing a Lost CDL in Kansas
Request your replacement commercial driver's license through the Kansas Division of Vehicles (DMV). You can apply in person if you're in state or by mail if you're currently out of state.
Be sure to report your lost CDL to local and state authorities, and don't operate any commercial truck or other commercial vehicle until you've received your replacement CDL.
In-State Replacement CDL in KS
Applying for a duplicate CDL while you're in state is a fairly quick process. Simply visit your local exam station with:
Out-of-State KS Duplicate CDL
If you're currently out of state, you can apply for a replacement CDL by mail or email as long as the KS DMV has your driver's license photo on file AND you're a Kansas resident and U.S. citizen OR can provide lawful presence documents with your application.
To apply for a duplicate CDL by mail or email:
- Complete the application for Driver's License Renewal, Extension or Replacement (Form DEMI-1).
- Gather copies of the required proofs of identity and residency.
- These documents are listed on the application. Send copies—not originals—as they won't be returned to you.
- Prepare the $16 fee.
- You can pay with a major credit card or with a check or money order made payable to “KDOR."
- Send the above to the KS DOR by email or mail to the addresses listed on the application.