Online Services in KansasPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Kansas Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- KS Wait Line Management System
- Kansas Motor Carrier Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Kansas Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
You don't need a pair of ruby red slippers to wish away a trip to the DMV so you can stay home. Instead, check out various online driver and vehicle services listed below.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Kansas Department of Revenue's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby KS branch office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for KS driver's license reinstatement online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay your traffic citation online.
- Notify the state of an address change online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a KS drivers license practice test.
- Take a KS drivers permit practice test.
- Take a KS commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a KS motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Kansas Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Kansas traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Kansas.
With the state's QLess Wait Line Management System, you can get in mobile line via cell phone, computer or touch-screen kiosk for the following locations:
Submit a text at (626) 609-1234 to get in virtual line. You'll then receive a text notification when your turn in line approaches, asking you to appear at the vehicle office. This number is for texting only; it does not accept direct calls.
When texting, include one of the following messages:
- Andover DL Renewal.
- Andover DL Original.
- Mission DL Renewal.
- Mission DL Original.
- Olathe DL Renewal.
- Olathe DL Original.
- Topeka DL Renewal.
- Topeka DL Original.
- Wichita DL Renewal.
- Wichita DL Original.
- Manhattan DL Renewal.
- Manhattan DL Original.
DL Original applies to original license, upgrades and transfers.
DL Renewalapplies to license renewal, replacement, name or address changes.
Use your computer or smart phone to enter the virtual line for one of the following offices:
Touch screen kiosks can be accessed at the following locations:
- Apply for a trucking permit.
- Renew your International Registration Plan (IRP).
- Apply for a temporary decal permit.
- Renew an International Fuel Tax Association (IFTA) license.
- Add, delete or transfer a commercial vehicle.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Kansas Department of Revenue's Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby KS branch office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Kansas.
- Renew your vehicle registration online.
- Renew your boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain a Kansas license plate.
- Learn more on KS smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Kansas that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Sunflower State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.