- Location: Kansas
Forms in KansasCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
One of the many ways in which modern technology has made our lives easier is in the supply of forms, so we can complete them at home, at our leisure. It's just no fun to try to remember important details about our vehicles while bending over a small counter, writing furiously so that we can finish up and let the next person in line have their turn.
The Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes available online many of the forms for the processing, replacement, duplication and changing of KS driver licenses. Here are a few of the most often used forms when visiting the Kansas DMV - online or in person. (You will need the free Adobe Reader to download and read PDF files.)
- Change of Address: Form to mail in your address change in Kansas, or you may change your address online.
- Driver's License Renewal Test: Use this for reference before you take your renewal test.
- Vision Test Form: Take this to your licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist if you will see him or her within the three months before you renew your KS driver's license.
Kansas DMV Online Vehicle Titling and Registration forms makes it easier than ever to handle all transactions associated with your car, boat, or vehicle registration or transfer in the State of Kansas.
- Affidavit of Purchase Price: Use if you don't have a good bill of sale to use instead.
- Application for Duplicate Title: Also used for replacement title or to add a lienholder to a title
- Claim of Heir Affidavit: Used if a vehicle owner passes away and an heir wishes to claim inheritance of a vehicle.
- Landlord's Affidavit: Used if a vehicle has been abandoned on the landlord's property.
- Lien Release Form: This form is filed when a vehicle loan has been paid off.
- Odometer Disclosure Form: This is required in the sale of any used vehicle.
- Request and Consent for Title to be Issued with a Lien: This must be completed by the lienholder for inclusion on vehicle title.
- Title and Registration Basic Application: Used to transfer ownership of motor vehicles.
- VIN Verification Procedures for Vehicles Outside of Kansas: Needed for the titling and registration of a used motor vehicle from outside of Kansas.
Forms for and about your Kansas driving records:
- Opt-in Form: Used if you wish to make your KS driving record public.
- Request for Copies of or Access to Driving Records: If you need to see your own or someone else's Kansas DMV driving records.
- Teen Driving Log of Hours: Used by teens in Kansas Drivers Ed / Driver's Training program.
The Kansas DMV also makes its manuals and handbooks available online:
- Kansas Driving Handbook
- Kansas Commercial Driver's License Manual
- Kansas Motorcycle Operator Manual
- Study Material, Kansas "S" Endorsement
Opening a car dealership in Kansas? You can get all the information you'll need in our:Articles