Forms in KansasPage Overview
One of the many ways in which modern technology has made our lives easier is in the supply of forms, so we can complete them at home, at our leisure. It's just no fun to try to remember important details about our vehicles while bending over a small counter, writing furiously so that we can finish up and let the next person in line have their turn.
The Kansas Division of Vehicles (DMV) makes available online many of the forms for the processing, replacement, duplication, and alteration of KS driver licenses. Here are a few of the most often used forms when visiting the Kansas DMV - online or in person. (You will need the free Adobe Reader to download and read PDF files.)
Kansas DMV Online Vehicle Titling and Registration forms section makes it easier than ever to handle all transactions associated with your car, boat, or vehicle registration or transfer in the State of Kansas.
- Affidavit of Purchase Price (Form TR-11): Use if you don't have a good bill of sale to use instead.
- Application for Secured/Duplicate/Reissue Title (Form TR-720B): Used to obtain a replacement title, add a lienholder to a title, or remove a lien.
- Claim of Heir Affidavit (Form TR-83b) : Used if a vehicle owner passes away and an heir wishes to claim inheritance of a vehicle.
- Landlord's Affidavit (Form TR-125): Used if a vehicle has been abandoned on the landlord's property.
- Lien Release Form (Form TR-150): This form is filed when a vehicle loan has been paid off.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form TR-59): This is required in the sale of any used vehicle.
- Request and Consent for Title to be Issued with Lien (Form TR-42): This must be completed by the lienholder for inclusion on vehicle title.
- Title and Registration Basic Application (Form TR-212a): Used to transfer ownership of motor vehicles.
- Kansas Resident/Business Out of State Vin Verification (Form TR-65): Needed for the titling and registration of a used motor vehicle from outside of Kansas.
Forms for and about your Kansas driving records:
- Opt-in Form (Form TR/DL-300): Used if you wish to make your KS driving record public.
- Request for Copies of or Access to Driving Records (Form TR/DL 302): Used to see your own or someone else's Kansas DMV driving records.
- Teen Driving Log of Hours (Form DE-IB01): Used by teens in Kansas Drivers Ed / Driver's Training program.
The Kansas DMV also makes its manuals and handbooks available online:
- Kansas Driving Handbook
- Kansas Commercial Driver's License Manual
- Kansas Motorcycle Operator Manual
- Study Material, Kansas "S" Endorsement
Opening a car dealership in Kansas? You can get all the information you'll need in our:Other Topics in This Section