Dealer Forms in KansasPage Overview
There are a number of dealerships forms available for download from the Kansas Department of Revenue (DOR). You will not need all of them, but depending on the type of dealership you wish to open, you will need some of them.
The forms are available for download in PDF format, which means that you will need to install the free Adobe Reader software on your computer.
Unless otherwise stipulated on the form, you may submit all motor vehicle dealer and salesperson related forms to:
- Department of Revenue
- Division of Vehicles
- Dealer Licensing Bureau
- Docking State Office Building
- Topeka, KS 66626
Here are links to the various forms needed if you are opening a motor vehicle dealership:
- Application for Location Change or Supplemental Location (Form D-12): If you plan to relocate the dealership or if you wish to open a branch office
- Application for Owner Transfer of Vehicle of Mfg'd Home Dealer License (Form D-23): Form to submit if the dealership is sold or otherwise transferred
- Application for a Vehicle Dealer License (Form D-17a): New dealer basic application, used for new or used motor vehicle dealerships
- Change of Record Form (Form D-72): Form used to change the names of records of the company owners or corporate partners
- Display Show Application (Form D-12b): Used to extend the end-date at a motor vehicle display show at a local shopping mall, trade show, fair or other large, heavily attended event
- New Vehicle Dealer Franchise Certification (Form D-100): Form to submit when you have finalized your purchase of a franchise operation for a new motor vehicle dealership
- Guarantee of Compliance with the Vehicle Dealer and Manufacturers Licensing Act Certificate of Deposit (Form D-19): Surety bond guarantee form
- Replacement Plate and Additional Plate Request Form (Form D-5): Application to replace lost, stolen or destroyed dealer plates
- Statement of Kansas State and Local Retail Sales Tax Paid/ST-8 Order Form (Form ST-8): Used to order additional state sales tax booklets
- Dealer Participant Trade Show Application (Form D-12C): Form used to apply to show motor vehicles at a trade show type of event, with the stipulation that no motor vehicle sales are to be conducted
- Trade Show Sponsor Application (Form D-12D): Application required to sponsor a motor vehicle trade show event; also stipulates no vehicle sales are to be conducted
- Vehicle Dealer Bond (Form D-20): Form used as proof of the required $30,000 surety bond deposit, must be signed by an officer of the depository financial institute
- Vehicle Dealer Complaint (Form D-13): Used to allow consumers to file a formal complaint against a motor vehicle dealership to the Department of Revenue, Division of Vehicles
You will also have to provide a Personal Property Tax Certification signed by your county treasurer showing you have satisfied all property taxes.
- License Transfer Application for Vehicle Salesperson, Factory Representative or Distributor Representative (Form D-43a): Used when a motor vehicle salesperson or factory representative moves from one dealership to another.
- Change of Record Form (Form D-72): used to change the names of records of the company owners or corporate partners
- Application for a Vehicle Dealer License (Form D-17a): Used when applying to open a new dealership, whether for new or used motor vehicles
- KDOT Certificate of Compliance (Form D-35): For certification that the salvage facility meets the Kansas Department of Transportation (DOT) salvage storage and dismantling requirements
- Salvage Dealer's Major Component Part Quarterly Report (Form D-2MCP): Report required four times a year to help track the movement of motor vehicle major components
- Statement of Kansas State and Local Retail Sales Tax Paid/DST-8 Order Form (Form ST-8): Used to order additional state sales tax booklets
If you have questions regarding any of the forms listed above, you may contact the Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicles Division at (785) 296-3621 for further information and assistance.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section