DMV Appointments in Kansas
Through Kansas's QLess Wait Line Management System, you can get in mobile line for most driver's license transactions. Participating counties include:
Learn more about this system on our Online Services in Kansas page.
You need to schedule an appointment to take the commercial motor vehicle (CMV) skills test when applying for a Kansas commercial driver's license (CDL). You may schedule this test in person or by phone. Read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Department of Revenue (DOR) facilities you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
If you must pay a visit to your KS DOR, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!