Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
License suspension or revocation. DUI and other serious traffic convictions. Repeat traffic offenses. Causing an accident while driving without insurance.
Each state has its own reasons for mandating SR 22, but the fact remains: If you commit an offense for which your state requires SR 22 filing, you must file an SR 22 form and you must meet all your state’s SR 22 requirements in order to maintain your driving privileges.
Our online guide to SR 22 and auto insurance helps you work with your DMV and coverage provider to figure out the details. Not only will you learn more about SR 22 requirements, obtaining an SR 22 form, and SR 22 filing procedures in your state, but you can also get information about obtaining proof of insurance in such situations, the importance of maintaining a car insurance policy to get back in good standing, and the steps to take if your SR 22 and auto insurance policy lapses.
In This Section
- SR 22 Requirements
Find out how the SR-22 form verifies your insurance coverage for a specified amount of time.
- SR 22 Filing
Get Info On Where And How To Handle SR 22 Filing And Obtaining Proof Of Insurance. Learn More On How Traffic Ticket, DUI And No Auto Insurance Penalties Can Require You To File A SR22.
- SR 22 Form
Where To Obtain A SR 22 Form If The State Or Court Requires You To File A SR22. Learn More On Obtaining Proof Of Insurance And Handling SR22 Filing With An Auto Insurance Company.
- Certificate Of Financial Responsibility
Certificate Of Financial Responsibility Info. Get The Facts On SR 22 And Proof Of Insurance. Info On Court- And State-Ordered SR22 Filing And Working With An Auto Insurance Company.
- How To Determine If You Need A SR 22
Info On Court- And State-Ordered SR 22 And Handling Car Insurance. Find Out If You Are Required To File A SR22. In Many Cases A DUI Penalty Involves SR 22 And Proof Of Auto Insurance.
- What To Do If Your SR 22 And Auto Insurance Policy Lapses
Penalties For Allowing Your SR 22 And Auto Insurance Policy To Lapse. Failing To Obtain Proof Of Insurance Could Cause You To File SR22 A Second Time And Restart The Term.
Other Topics in This Section
- Full Coverage Auto Insurance
Full Coverage Auto Insurance Info. Get Info On Physical Damage, Collision And Comprehensive Insurance As You Find Out How Auto Insurance Companies Define Full Coverage Insurance.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage
Learn What Rental Reimbursement Coverage Pays For. This Type Of Auto Insurance Is Convenient If You Need A Car Rental While Your Car Undergoes Auto Repair After An Auto Accident.
- Loan Lease Payoff Coverage
Find Out When Loan Lease Payoff Coverage Is Required. Learn More On Actual Cash Value And Adequate Auto Insurance If You Have An Unpaid Auto Loan. Some Lenders Require More Car Insurance.
- SR 22
Flip through our SR-22 pages to learn more about this form, including who needs one and how to have one filed on your behalf.
- Emergency Road Service Coverage
Info On Emergency Road Service Coverage Offered Via An Auto Insurance Company. Learn More On Car Insurance Policies With Roadside Assistance For A Car Breakdown.
- Towing And Labor Coverage
Info On Towing And Labor Coverage And Auto Insurance. Learn The Benefits Of Having Towing Insurance For A Car Breakdown Or Auto Accident. Determine If You Need This Type Of Car Insurance.
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
Guide To Mechanical Breakdown Insurance For New Cars. Learn More On The Types Of Car Insurance Customers That Best Benefit From This Type Of Auto Insurance. Avoid Pricey Auto Repair.
- Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella Insurance Defined. Learn More On Umbrella Policies, Additional Liability Insurance And Covering Losses That Might Not Be Included By Your Auto Insurance Policy.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Online Guide To Uninsured Motorist Coverage And Auto Insurance. Find Out More On Car Insurance Policies That Protect You In Car Accidents With Uninsured Drivers.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Guide To Underinsured Motorist Coverage And Auto Insurance. Look Online For Info On Car Insurance Policies That Cover Expenses From Car Accidents With Underinsured Drivers.
- Personal Injury Protection
Get a better understanding of PIP coverage, including what it can help cover and why it's required in no-fault states.
- Gap Insurance
If you lease or have a loan on your car, find out how gap coverage can help protect your finances in the event your car is totaled.
- Liability Insurance
Accidents happen. Read up on how liability coverage can help protect your finances in the event you're found legally liable for accident damage.
- Physical Damage Insurance
Online Guide To Physical Damage Insurance And Auto Insurance. Get Info On Car Insurance Coverage And Property Damage In Case You Get In A Car Accident.
- Rental Car Insurance
Online Guide To Rental Car Insurance And Auto Insurance. Learn More On Insurance Coverage Before You Rent A Car. Not All Insurance Policies Cover Auto Rentals.
Insurance Resource Center
- Auto Insurance Policy Basics
- Top Reasons To Buy Insurance Coverage
- Auto Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Buying Car Insurance Basics
- Buying Car Insurance For Teens
- Teen Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Get Car Insurance Coverage With A Learners Permit
- First Time Drivers Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Save Money On Teen Car Insurance
- Common Driving Mistakes Teens Make
- Safe Driving Tips For Teenage Drivers
- Safe Cars For Teen Drivers
- How To Add Teens To Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Tips for Car Insurance Policy Holders
- Types Of Auto Insurance Coverage
- Buying Car Insurance For Seniors
- Senior Guide To Car Insurance
- Extended Insurance Coverage Guide
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Auto Insurance Coverage
- When To Buy Rental Car Insurance
- How To Cover Vandalism Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Auto Theft Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Windshield Repair Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Accidents With Wildlife Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Lost Wages Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Medical Expenses Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Pet Injuries Through Car Insurance
- How To Avoid Auto Insurance Non Renewal
- Commercial Auto Insurance Requirements
- Commercial Auto Insurance State Requirements
- Federal Motor Carrier Insurance
- CDL Federal Requirements
- Commercial Insurance Filing
- State Commercial Insurance Filings
- Federal Truck Filings
- Intrastate Truck Filings
- Interstate Transportation Filings
- Certificate Of Insurance
- Uniform Carrier Registration Plan
- Types Of Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discounts
- Multiple Policy Discount For Commercial Vehicles
- Paid In Full Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discount
- Commercial Business Experience Discount
- Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes
- Commercial Auto Insurance Articles
- Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance
- Types Of Commercial Vehicles To Insure
- How To Save Money On Commercial Auto Insurance
- What You Need For A Commercial Insurance Quote
- Types Of Business Vehicle Insurance
- How To Compare Commercial Insurance Quotes
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage
- Types Of Commercial Trailers To Insure
- Online Commercial Auto Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Types Of Motorcycle Coverage
- Accessory Coverage For Motorcycles
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance For Motorcycles
- Collision Insurance For Motorcycles
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Property Damage Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Medical Payments Insurance For Motorcycle Riders
- Personal Injury Protection Insurance For Motorcyclists
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Motorcycle Roadside Assistance
- Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
- Motorcycle Insurance Rates
- Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
- Online Motorcycle Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Articles
- Motocross Insurance
- Dirt Bike Insurance
- Moped Insurance
- Trike Insurance
- Scooter Insurance
- Auto Insurance Deductible
- Auto Insurance Limit
- Auto Insurance Premium
- Auto Insurance Quote
- Auto Insurance Rates
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Proof Of Financial Responsibility
- Auto Insurance Endorsement
- Auto Insurance Exclusion
- Auto Insurance Rating
- Auto Insurance Code
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Auto Insurance Glossary
- How To Obtain Proof Of Insurance
- How To Change Auto Insurance Providers
- Factors That Affect Insurance Rates
- How To Cancel An Auto Insurance Policy
- When An Accident Happens
- Accident Loss
- Auto Accident Payment Recovery
- Total Loss
- Proof of Loss
- Actual Cash Value
- Lost Wages
- Salvage Vehicles
- How To File An Accident Report With The Police
- Evaluating Personal Injury In Auto Accidents
- First Steps Following A Personal Injury Auto Accident
- When To Seek Medical Attention For Personal Injury
- Protection Against Auto Insurance Fraud
- How To Handle Staged Car Accidents
- Types of Insurance Claims
- Bodily Injury Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Windshield Claims
- Third Party Insurance Claims
- About Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Claims Affect Your Auto Insurance Policy
- When To Cover Personal Injury With Auto Insurance
- How Much Personal Injury Protection To Buy
- Supplementing Health Insurance With Personal Injury Protection
- Pain And Suffering In Personal Injury Claims
- Statute Of Limitations And Personal Injury
- Negligence And Determining Legal Liability
- Auto Insurance Claim Settlements
- Auto Insurance Settlements Involving Personal Injury
- Proving Fault In An Auto Accident Personal Injury Case
- Compensation For Auto Accident Personal Injury Claims
- Tips For Settling A Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
- Factors That Affect Compensation In Personal Injury Claims
- Legal Representation For Insurance Claims
- When To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
- When To Hire A Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney Fees
- How To Choose Personal Injury Lawyers
- Benefits of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
- What To Submit To A Personal Injury Attorney
- Processing Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Handle Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Investigate Accident Claims
- How To Document Auto Accident Damage
- When To Report An Auto Accident To The DMV
- Tips On Documenting Personal Injury Expenses
- Paying Medical Bills Before Receiving Personal Injury Compensation
- Wage Loss In Personal Injury Auto Accident Cases
- How To File A Loss Of Wages Auto Claim
- Stages Of A Personal Injury Case
- Filing Car Insurance Claims
- SR 22 Requirements
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.