Reasons To Buy Auto Insurance Through Direct Car Insurance Providers
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:These days, shopping for car insurance is almost as easy as shopping for groceries―actually, it might be even easier. The Internet plays a big role in that ease, but, we also have direct car insurance providers to thank.
First, let’s make sure you understand what direct car insurance providers are, exactly.
Direct providers are companies that sell insurance to you―the customer―directly. Examples include companies like Geico and Progressive.
Other insurance companies sell coverage through insurance agents. A few biggies in this category include companies like State Farm and Nationwide. Chances are you’ve passed these agencies’ brick-and-mortar offices in your own town, and if so, you’ve probably noticed an insurance agent’s name tacked on the sign outside.
So, what makes direct car insurance providers better than all the others?
Well, they’re not necessarily better, but direct insurance providers do provide some perks if you purchase your auto insurance policy with them.
1) Shop Completely Online
You don’t have to figure out at what point during a day full of work, business lunches, doctor’s appointments, and cheerleading practice you’ll be able to stop by your local insurance agent’s office and buy coverage.
You can handle everything online―when you have time―and this generally includes updating your policy and filing auto claims.
2) More Management Options
You generally have more options regarding how you manage your policy. Such options include online access to your account and E-mail, telephone, and snail mail access with the company.
3) 24/7 Assistance
You can find assistance 24/7. That’s right. Even if it’s 1:32 a.m. on a Monday morning and the kids will be waking up in a few hours to see what Santa left them, you can still access assistance regarding your auto insurance policy.
You can’t do that through agents. They’re usually at home, putting the presents under the tree.
4) Direct Communication
When you purchase coverage through a direct insurance company, you deal directly with the insurance company. You don’t have to go through an agent, who may set your paperwork aside or have to unload some of his work on a new hire or is currently on vacation.
5) Competitive Rates
Overall, direct insurance providers tend to offer the most competitive rates and largest variety of auto insurance discounts. Plus, you can view these rates and a full list of discounts on the provider’s website, rather than ask an insurance agent about them and hope you get the whole story.
This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t shop around and compare rates with many different providers, but it does mean that chances are high you’ll find lower rates with a direct provider.
Purchasing coverage through direct car insurance providers doesn’t mean you have to give up human contact. Most direct providers have agents in place throughout the nation and, depending on where you live, you can conduct face-to-face transactions if you so choose.
In This Section
Other Topics in This Section
- How To Choose A Car Insurance Company
How To Choose A Car Insurance Company. It's Not Always Best To Go With The Lowest Auto Insurance Rate Without Researching First. Compare Rates And Insurance Providers Online.
- What You Need For A Car Insurance Quote
Learn What An Auto Insurance Company Will Ask You For When Getting A Car Insurance Quote. Be Prepared With Adequate Info So You Can Easily Compare Insurance Rates Online.
- How Much Auto Insurance To Buy
Determine How Much Auto Insurance Coverage To Buy. Insurance Company Offerings And Car Insurance Policies Vary. Learn More On Types Of Coverage That Suit Your Needs And Budget.
- Alternatives To Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Alternatives. Some States Do Not Require Car Insurance, Offering Other Options For Financial Responsibility. Learn More On Liability And Covering Auto Accident Damages.
- How Assets Affect How Much Auto Insurance To Buy
Info On Buying Enough Auto Insurance To Protect Your Assets In Case Of A Car Accident. Buy Adequate Car Insurance So Personal Injury And Property Damage Expenses Do Not Compromise Your Assets.
- How Driving Habits Affect How Much Auto Insurance To Buy
More On Driving Habits And Auto Insurance. Learn How To Much Car Insurance To Buy If You Drive Infrequently, Drive Defensively, Drive In High Risk Areas, Tend To Speed And More.
- Reasons To Order A Driving Record Before Shopping For Auto Insurance
It can feel like insurance companies set car insurance rates arbitrarily, but they actually use an array of proven, scientific data based on risk assessment to determine their pre...
- Reasons To Buy Auto Insurance Through Local Car Insurance Agents
Why To Consider Buying An Auto Insurance Policy Through A Local Car Insurance Agent. Learn The Benefits Of Working With Nearby Insurance Agents.
- Reasons To Buy Auto Insurance Through Direct Car Insurance Providers
Why To Consider Purchasing Auto Insurance Through Direct Car Insurance Providers. More On The Benefits Of Handling Your Auto Insurance Policy With An Insurance Company You Can Access 24/7.
- How To Research An Auto Insurance Company
Tips On Researching Car Insurance Companies. Before Committing To An Auto Insurance Company, Ensure It Offers Quality Auto Insurance Policies And Customer Service.
- How To Find A Reliable Auto Insurance Company
Tips On Finding A Reliable Auto Insurance Company. If You're Shopping For Auto Insurance Or Need To Switch Car Insurance Providers, Check The Track Record Of Auto Insurance Companies.
- How To Shop Online For Auto Insurance
Information about how to shop for insurance online
- Annual Vs Monthly Auto Insurance Rates
Info On Annual And Monthly Auto Insurance Rates. Learn The Benefits Of Paying For A Car Insurance Policy One Month At A Time Or All At Once. Get More On Full Payment Car Insurance Discounts.
- How To Check Auto Insurance Consumer Complaint Ratios
Steps On Checking Auto Insurance Consumer Complaint Ratios. Research Car Insurance Companies Before You Commit To An Insurance Policy.
- What To Check Before You Sign An Auto Insurance Policy
Checklist Of Items Before Signing An Auto Insurance Policy. Know What To Check For When Buying Car Insurance. Learn How To Ensure Your Car Insurance Policy Has Everything You Need.
- How Auto Insurance Companies Calculate Risk
Info On How Auto Insurance Companies Calculate Risk. Car Insurance Companies Consider Numerous Factors To Create A Insurance Policy And Insurance Premium Per Driver.
Insurance Resource Center
- Auto Insurance Policy Basics
- Top Reasons To Buy Insurance Coverage
- Auto Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Buying Car Insurance Basics
- Buying Car Insurance For Teens
- Teen Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Get Car Insurance Coverage With A Learners Permit
- First Time Drivers Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Save Money On Teen Car Insurance
- Common Driving Mistakes Teens Make
- Safe Driving Tips For Teenage Drivers
- Safe Cars For Teen Drivers
- How To Add Teens To Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Tips for Car Insurance Policy Holders
- Types Of Auto Insurance Coverage
- Buying Car Insurance For Seniors
- Senior Guide To Car Insurance
- Extended Insurance Coverage Guide
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Auto Insurance Coverage
- When To Buy Rental Car Insurance
- How To Cover Vandalism Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Auto Theft Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Windshield Repair Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Accidents With Wildlife Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Lost Wages Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Medical Expenses Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Pet Injuries Through Car Insurance
- How To Avoid Auto Insurance Non Renewal
- Commercial Auto Insurance Requirements
- Commercial Auto Insurance State Requirements
- Federal Motor Carrier Insurance
- CDL Federal Requirements
- Commercial Insurance Filing
- State Commercial Insurance Filings
- Federal Truck Filings
- Intrastate Truck Filings
- Interstate Transportation Filings
- Certificate Of Insurance
- Uniform Carrier Registration Plan
- Types Of Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discounts
- Multiple Policy Discount For Commercial Vehicles
- Paid In Full Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discount
- Commercial Business Experience Discount
- Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes
- Commercial Auto Insurance Articles
- Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance
- Types Of Commercial Vehicles To Insure
- How To Save Money On Commercial Auto Insurance
- What You Need For A Commercial Insurance Quote
- Types Of Business Vehicle Insurance
- How To Compare Commercial Insurance Quotes
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage
- Types Of Commercial Trailers To Insure
- Online Commercial Auto Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Types Of Motorcycle Coverage
- Accessory Coverage For Motorcycles
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance For Motorcycles
- Collision Insurance For Motorcycles
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Property Damage Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Medical Payments Insurance For Motorcycle Riders
- Personal Injury Protection Insurance For Motorcyclists
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Motorcycle Roadside Assistance
- Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
- Motorcycle Insurance Rates
- Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
- Online Motorcycle Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Articles
- Motocross Insurance
- Dirt Bike Insurance
- Moped Insurance
- Trike Insurance
- Scooter Insurance
- Auto Insurance Deductible
- Auto Insurance Limit
- Auto Insurance Premium
- Auto Insurance Quote
- Auto Insurance Rates
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Proof Of Financial Responsibility
- Auto Insurance Endorsement
- Auto Insurance Exclusion
- Auto Insurance Rating
- Auto Insurance Code
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Auto Insurance Glossary
- How To Obtain Proof Of Insurance
- How To Change Auto Insurance Providers
- Factors That Affect Insurance Rates
- How To Cancel An Auto Insurance Policy
- When An Accident Happens
- Accident Loss
- Auto Accident Payment Recovery
- Total Loss
- Proof of Loss
- Actual Cash Value
- Lost Wages
- Salvage Vehicles
- How To File An Accident Report With The Police
- Evaluating Personal Injury In Auto Accidents
- First Steps Following A Personal Injury Auto Accident
- When To Seek Medical Attention For Personal Injury
- Protection Against Auto Insurance Fraud
- How To Handle Staged Car Accidents
- Types of Insurance Claims
- Bodily Injury Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Windshield Claims
- Third Party Insurance Claims
- About Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Claims Affect Your Auto Insurance Policy
- When To Cover Personal Injury With Auto Insurance
- How Much Personal Injury Protection To Buy
- Supplementing Health Insurance With Personal Injury Protection
- Pain And Suffering In Personal Injury Claims
- Statute Of Limitations And Personal Injury
- Negligence And Determining Legal Liability
- Auto Insurance Claim Settlements
- Auto Insurance Settlements Involving Personal Injury
- Proving Fault In An Auto Accident Personal Injury Case
- Compensation For Auto Accident Personal Injury Claims
- Tips For Settling A Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
- Factors That Affect Compensation In Personal Injury Claims
- Legal Representation For Insurance Claims
- When To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
- When To Hire A Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney Fees
- How To Choose Personal Injury Lawyers
- Benefits of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
- What To Submit To A Personal Injury Attorney
- Processing Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Handle Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Investigate Accident Claims
- How To Document Auto Accident Damage
- When To Report An Auto Accident To The DMV
- Tips On Documenting Personal Injury Expenses
- Paying Medical Bills Before Receiving Personal Injury Compensation
- Wage Loss In Personal Injury Auto Accident Cases
- How To File A Loss Of Wages Auto Claim
- Stages Of A Personal Injury Case
- Filing Car Insurance Claims
- How To Choose A Car Insurance Company