Multivehicle Auto Insurance DiscountsCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page OverviewDo you have a family with multiple cars? Or are you the fortunate owner of several vehicles? If so, inquire with your car insurance provider about how you can save money with a multivehicle auto insurance discount.
To qualify for this discount, all of the vehicles you're looking to insure must be under your name and driven only either by you or by family members living in your household. This is especially beneficial if you have a teenage driver. When you insure multiple vehicles on one insurance policy, your teen will be able to obtain coverage without having to pay the usual high teenage insurance rate.
In addition, all of your vehicles must be covered by the same car insurance company. If you have three cars with three different insurance providers you'll need to cancel two of the policies and consolidate under one insurance carrier. Before you do this, be sure the company you opt to go with does offer this discount.
If your provider does not offer a multiple vehicle discount, consider looking for a new insurance company. Despite the obvious inconvenience, your effort could save you up to 15% off your car insurance costs.
NOTE: Keep in mind that all insurance companies govern differently. This bears especially true with the multivehicle discount. Some may limit this discount to four vehicles per policy.
This discount may also cover boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. But this, of course, will depend on your auto insurance provider and, in some cases, even your state.
Need help in finding additional car insurance discounts? Or are you unsure of your state's car insurance requirements? For answers to these and all other insurance questions, visit our Insurance Center. You'll not only find insurance information for cars, but also for boats, RVs, commercial vehicles and motorcycles.
In This SectionOther Topics in This Section
Insurance Resource Center
- Multivehicle Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn More On Multivehicle Auto Insurance Discounts. Many Insurance Companies Allow You To Save Money On Car Insurance If You Insure Multiple Vehicles On One Insurance Policy.
- Defensive Driving Auto Insurance Discounts
Get Info On Auto Insurance Discounts For Completing A Defensive Driving Course. Some Car Insurance Companies Award Drivers For Learning More On Safe Driving.
- Driver Training Auto Insurance Discounts
How To Get Auto Insurance Discounts For Completing A Driver Training Course. Your Car Insurance Company Might Offer Options To Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates. Get More On Drivers Training.
- Safety Equipment Auto Insurance Discounts
Find out about 10 safety features that could score you a car insurance discount.
- Full Payment Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn More On Full Payment Auto Insurance Discounts. Find Out How To Save Money By Paying Your Insurance Premium In Full. Many Insurance Companies Offer Such An Insurance Discount.
- Low Risk Occupation Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn How A Low Risk Occupation Can Get You Auto Insurance Discounts. Car Insurance Companies Might Lower Your Insurance Rate If You Work In A Safe Environment.
- Auto Insurance Renewal Discounts
Info On Auto Insurance Renewal Discounts When You Keep Your Car Insurance Policy With The Same Insurance Company. Long Time Customers Might Save Money On Insurance Rates.
- Professional Organization Auto Insurance Discounts
Get More On Auto Insurance Discounts For Those In An Approved Professional Organization. Some Car Insurance Companies Will Lower Your Insurance Rates To Save You Money As A Membership Benefit.
- Auto Club Insurance Discounts
Learn More On Car Insurance Discounts For Auto Club Members. Some Auto Insurance Companies Lower Insurance Rates And Offer Money Saving Benefits To Members Of Certain Auto Clubs.
- Low Mileage Auto Insurance Discounts
More On Low Mileage Auto Insurance Discounts. Get Info On How You Can Save Money On Car Insurance If You Drive Infrequently. Some Insurance Companies Will Lower Your Insurance Rates.
- College Student Auto Insurance Discounts
Info On Auto Insurance Discounts For College Students. Learn How You Can Save Money On Car Insurance If You're Enrolled In School. Insurance Companies Might Offer Lower Insurance Rates.
- Long Time Customer Auto Insurance Discounts
Info On Long Time Customer Auto Insurance Discounts. Car Insurance Companies Often Offer Lower Insurance Rates To Loyal Customers. Find Out How To Save Money On Your Car Insurance Policy.
- Homeowner Discounts On Auto Insurance
Find Out More On Getting Auto Insurance Discounts If You Are A Homeowner. Many Car Insurance Companies Lower Insurance Rates For Those Who Own Their Home. Learn How To Save Money Online.
- Auto Insurance Discounts For Prompt Payment
Get More On Auto Insurance Discounts For Prompt Payment. Car Insurance Companies Often Reward Customer Who Pay On Time With A Car Insurance Discount. Learn How To Lower Insurance Rates.
- Senior Auto Insurance Discounts
Online Guide To Auto Insurance Discounts For Seniors. Many Car Insurance Companies Offer A Senior Discount To Mature Drivers. Find Out How To Lower Insurance Rates.
- Good Student Auto Insurance Discounts
How To Get Good Student Auto Insurance Discounts. Some Car Insurance Companies Reward Students With Good Grades By Lowering Their Insurance Rates. Get Insurance Discount Info Online.
- Discounts For Bundling Auto Insurance Policies
Get Auto Insurance Discounts For Bundling Car Insurance Policies, Homeowners Policies And More. Combined Coverage Could Save You Money And Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates.
- Good Driver Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn More On Good Driver Discounts On Auto Insurance. Learn How To Save Money On Car Insurance If Don't Have Any Traffic Tickets Or Auto Accidents On Your Driving Record.
- Antitheft Equipment Auto Insurance Discounts
Find How Antitheft Equipment Could Land You An Auto Insurance Discount. Some Car Insurance Companies Offer Insurance Discounts For The Prevention Of Car Theft.
- Motorcycle Safety Course Insurance Discounts
How Motorcycle Safety Course Completion Could Get You A Motorcycle Insurance Discount. Motorbike Riders Get Safety Skills And Motorcycle Insurance Discounts By Taking A Safe Rider Course.
- Shop For Insurance Online
- Insurance State Requirements
Auto Insurance Center
- Auto Insurance Policy Basics
- Top Reasons To Buy Insurance Coverage
- Auto Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Buying Car Insurance Basics
- Buying Car Insurance For Teens
- Teen Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Get Car Insurance Coverage With A Learners Permit
- First Time Drivers Guide To Car Insurance
- How To Save Money On Teen Car Insurance
- Common Driving Mistakes Teens Make
- Safe Driving Tips For Teenage Drivers
- Safe Cars For Teen Drivers
- How To Add Teens To Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Tips for Car Insurance Policy Holders
- Types Of Auto Insurance Coverage
- Buying Car Insurance For Seniors
- Senior Guide To Car Insurance
- Extended Insurance Coverage Guide
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Auto Insurance Coverage
- When To Buy Rental Car Insurance
- How To Cover Vandalism Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Auto Theft Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Windshield Repair Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Accidents With Wildlife Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Lost Wages Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Medical Expenses Through Car Insurance
- How To Cover Pet Injuries Through Car Insurance
- How To Avoid Auto Insurance Non Renewal
Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance Requirements
- Commercial Auto Insurance State Requirements
- Federal Motor Carrier Insurance
- CDL Federal Requirements
- Commercial Insurance Filing
- State Commercial Insurance Filings
- Federal Truck Filings
- Intrastate Truck Filings
- Interstate Transportation Filings
- Certificate Of Insurance
- Uniform Carrier Registration Plan
- Types Of Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discounts
- Multiple Policy Discount For Commercial Vehicles
- Paid In Full Commercial Vehicle Insurance Discount
- Commercial Business Experience Discount
- Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes
- Commercial Auto Insurance Articles
- Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance
- Types Of Commercial Vehicles To Insure
- How To Save Money On Commercial Auto Insurance
- What You Need For A Commercial Insurance Quote
- Types Of Business Vehicle Insurance
- How To Compare Commercial Insurance Quotes
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage
- Types Of Commercial Trailers To Insure
- Online Commercial Auto Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Minimum Requirements
- Types Of Motorcycle Coverage
- Accessory Coverage For Motorcycles
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance For Motorcycles
- Collision Insurance For Motorcycles
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Property Damage Liability Insurance For Motorcycles
- Medical Payments Insurance For Motorcycle Riders
- Personal Injury Protection Insurance For Motorcyclists
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage For Motorcyclists
- Motorcycle Roadside Assistance
- Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
- Motorcycle Insurance Rates
- Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
- Online Motorcycle Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance Articles
- Motocross Insurance
- Dirt Bike Insurance
- Moped Insurance
- Trike Insurance
- Scooter Insurance
Auto Insurance Policy Basics
- Auto Insurance Deductible
- Auto Insurance Limit
- Auto Insurance Premium
- Auto Insurance Quote
- Auto Insurance Rates
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Proof Of Financial Responsibility
- Auto Insurance Endorsement
- Auto Insurance Exclusion
- Auto Insurance Rating
- Auto Insurance Code
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Auto Insurance Glossary
- How To Obtain Proof Of Insurance
- How To Change Auto Insurance Providers
- Factors That Affect Insurance Rates
- How To Cancel An Auto Insurance Policy
- When An Accident Happens
- Accident Loss
- Auto Accident Payment Recovery
- Total Loss
- Proof of Loss
- Actual Cash Value
- Lost Wages
- Salvage Vehicles
- How To File An Accident Report With The Police
- Evaluating Personal Injury In Auto Accidents
- First Steps Following A Personal Injury Auto Accident
- When To Seek Medical Attention For Personal Injury
- Protection Against Auto Insurance Fraud
- How To Handle Staged Car Accidents
- Types of Insurance Claims
- Bodily Injury Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Windshield Claims
- Third Party Insurance Claims
- About Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Claims Affect Your Auto Insurance Policy
- When To Cover Personal Injury With Auto Insurance
- How Much Personal Injury Protection To Buy
- Supplementing Health Insurance With Personal Injury Protection
- Pain And Suffering In Personal Injury Claims
- Statute Of Limitations And Personal Injury
- Negligence And Determining Legal Liability
- Auto Insurance Claim Settlements
- Auto Insurance Settlements Involving Personal Injury
- Proving Fault In An Auto Accident Personal Injury Case
- Compensation For Auto Accident Personal Injury Claims
- Tips For Settling A Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
- Factors That Affect Compensation In Personal Injury Claims
- Legal Representation For Insurance Claims
- When To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
- When To Hire A Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney Fees
- How To Choose Personal Injury Lawyers
- Benefits of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
- What To Submit To A Personal Injury Attorney
- Processing Car Insurance Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Handle Claims
- How Car Insurance Companies Investigate Accident Claims
- How To Document Auto Accident Damage
- When To Report An Auto Accident To The DMV
- Tips On Documenting Personal Injury Expenses
- Paying Medical Bills Before Receiving Personal Injury Compensation
- Wage Loss In Personal Injury Auto Accident Cases
- How To File A Loss Of Wages Auto Claim
- Stages Of A Personal Injury Case
- Filing Car Insurance Claims
- Multivehicle Auto Insurance Discounts