Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Shopping for Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Shopping for motorbike insurance quotes is much like shopping for regular passenger car insurance. You can compare quotes online, talk with people you know about the insurance companies they use, or visit or call a few local agents in your area.
It’s up to you. Any of those methods could help you get the most competitive insurance rate for motorcycles.
However, there are two factors you must keep in mind:
- Whether your current insurance company provides motorcycle coverage. Not all providers do, which means you’ll have to search for a company that either specializes in or also offers motorcycle insurance.
- Whether shopping with another company―regardless of whether your current company provides motorbike coverage―would help you save money.
The best way to weigh these factors is to ask your current company if it offers motorcycle coverage and talk with other companies about their motorcycle insurance rates.
Required Information for Insurance Quotes
In order to obtain a motorcycle insurance quote, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your motorcycle VIN, or a detailed description of your motorcycle’s make and model.
- The year your motorcycle was registered in your name.
- Your auto and motorcycle insurance history.
- Your driving record and the driving records of any other riders you wish to add to your policy.
- Date of birth of all riders you wish to insure.
- All information regarding custom parts and accessories added after the motorcycle left the factory.
Buying the Right Amount of Motorcycle Coverage
Naturally, you at least have to purchase the amount of coverage that meets whatever minimum motorcycle insurance requirements your state mandates.
However, once you have that covered, ask your agent how much you quotes would vary if you added more―say, accessories coverage, comprehensive and collision, uninsured and underinsured, or even motorcycle roadside assistance.
You might find that your bike calls for some of these additional coverages; however, you might find that adding them―when you don’t really need them―could significantly increase your quotes.
Be sure to talk with your agent about the requirements you must meet and the coverage types you might or might not need.
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
Aside from comparison shopping, you can save money on motorcycle insurance by looking into motorcycle insurance discounts.
Many providers offer discounts for:
- Bundling your coverage. For example, purchasing your motorcycle coverage from the same company that provides your regular car insurance.
- Completing a motorcycle safety course, or being a motorcycle safety course instructor.
- Insuring more than one bike.
- Being a mature rider. (The company will give you details about its definition of a mature rider.)
- Renewing your policy with the company.
Remember to ask the company or your agent about each of these possible discounts, as well as about any other discounts for which you might be eligible.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!