Join 1,972,984 Americans who searched DMV.org for car insurance rates
ATV Insurance Online
To an ATV rider, there might be nothing quite like taking a ride out in some sand dunes out in the middle of the desert, or blazing through the trees in the forest. Whatever the activity, there’s no denying that riding an all-terrain vehicle is fun. However, it can also be risky.
The dangers that go along with riding an ATV, along with the fact that they can cost a good amount of money, mean one thing: ATV insurance is a must-have form of protection. We'll review the specific types of coverage available in the range of ATV insurance.
ATV Insurance Coverages
With a good variety of coverage types available, you should be able to work with an ATV insurance provider to create a policy that can provide you with maximum protection. There are multiple types of coverages available that you can choose from to create a comprehensive ATV insurance policy.
Common types of ATV insurance coverages include:
- Bodily injury – This type of coverage with help pay for costs associated with injuries suffered by others in an accident for which you are responsible.
- Property damage – This coverage will help with costs relating to damaged property of others in an accident you cause.
- Collision – If your ATV is damaged in a collision, this coverage can help repair or replace it.
- Comprehensive – If your ATV is damaged in a non-collision incident, such as fire or vandalism, this coverage can help with repairs or replacement of your ATV.
- Medical payments – If you are hurt in an accident, this coverage can help you cover your medical costs.
Keep in mind that not all insurance companies are the same. While the above are common ATV insurance coverages, some providers may not offer all of these. On the other hand, you might find that some ATV insurance companies will offer much more than the above.
Make sure to find the right insurance provider that can offer you all of the coverage types that you need.
ATV insurance is often sold as part of a broader range or insurance. For example, several companies sell ATV insurance through their motorcycle insurance divisions, while other companies might sell ATV insurance through an Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) insurance division.
When getting an ATV insurance quote, think about which vehicles you might want to insure. Remember that many companies offer a discount for insuring multiple vehicles under one policy.
Often ATVs can be insured along with your:
- Golf cart.
- Dune buggy.
Purchasing ATV Insurance
ATV insurance is widely available. Most major car insurance and motorcycle insurance companies offer ATV insurance. This means that shopping for ATV insurance does not have to be a hassle.
You can get ATV insurance quotes online or directly through an insurance agent.
Remember to compare at least 3 different quotes to make you get the best policy for the best price. Don’t forget to ask about any discounts you may be able to apply to your premium. Being prepared before shopping will go a long way toward helping you find the cheapest ATV insurance.