Special Licenses in Indiana
- Own an Indiana driver's license.
- Show your Social Security number.
- Pass a Department of Transportation physical
- Pass a written passenger transport test.
- Pass a written school bus endorsement test.
- Pass the bus skills test.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Proof of Indiana residency.
- Show proof of US citizenship or lawful residency status.
- Own at least one year of driving experience.
- Pass a chauffeur written test.
- Pass a standard vision test.
- Provide a Social Security number.
A special license is not required to operate a shuttle bus.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Especially for You: Information on Special Licenses
- Operating a Snow Mobile: Special Driver Licenses, Training, and Age Requirements
- What is a Special License, and Do You Need One?
- Driving All-Terrain Vehicles: Special Licenses, Training, and More for ATVs
- Special License Requirements: When and How to Apply for a Special License
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.