- Location: Indiana
Replacing a Lost Title in IndianaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Lost your vehicle title? Even though it's an important document, titles unfortunately get misplaced all the time.
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) license agency provides a variety of way to get your replacement title. All you need to remember to do is make sure you have an unexpired photo ID handy.
Approved IDs include:
- driver's license.
- state-issued ID.
- school ID.
- military ID.
- bank card.
- probation card.
- work ID.
- membership card.
Also, bring something that will identify the vehicle, such as a registration card or the vehicle identification number (VIN). If there's a lien on the vehicle, you will need to present a completed release form from the lienholder.
Once you have everything in order, The Indiana BMV gives you lots of options where you can replace your title. You may use any of the following means:
Mail all to:
- Online through myBMV.com.
- Visit a local License Branch.
- Go to a BMV Certified Partner location
- Of use the U.S. Mail. When mailing in your request for a duplicate title, you must submit:
- Completed Application for Certificate of Title - Form 44049.
- Unexpired photo ID - (see above)
- Check or money order payable to BMV for the amount of $9.
- Indiana BMV
- 100 North Senate Avenue
- Room 411
- Indianapolis, IN 46204
It will take between four to six weeks to receive your title in the mail.
Don't have that much time? Then, use BMV’s speed title service and apply for a Speed Title. Doing so will cost you an extra $25.
Depending on the delivery address, Speed Titles are mailed accordingly:
Other Topics in This Section
- Indiana street addresses are delivered via UPS ground service
- Indiana post office boxes are delivered via USPS Priority Mail
- All out-of-state addresses are delivered via USPS Priority Mail
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸